In today’s data-centric world, the success of your business requires that the right people in your organisation can access the right data at the right time.
Michael Brackett calls this target state the “Comparate Data Cycle”. Reaching this target state, in which your authorised personnel can find, trust and access the data they need, requires you to “know your data” and take control of your “data supply chain”.
I help organisations, like yours, to know their data and take control of their data supply chain – key to digital transformation and the journey to becoming truly data driven.
I specialise in helping companies to manage the data required to comply with data intensive regulatory requirements such as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Your data supply chain is like a food supply chain. The quality of your “data products”; your financial reports, sales analytics and regulatory compliance submissions rely on your data supply chain controls.
How well do you understand your data supply chain? How would you respond to a request from an auditor or a regulator for details about your data supply chain such as:
- What is the source of your data (i.e. the original point of data entry / data capture)?
- How is your data captured?
- What was the meaning of the data when first captured?
- Where is your data stored?
- What is the path of your data to the current location?
- How is your data moved along that path (your data supply chain)?
- How was your data altered along that path?
Contact me to discuss your data supply chain challenges and how I can help you to evidence your existing controls (strong points) and to identify and correct any weak points you may have.